Kayaking on the Mae Tang River 2 Days 1 NightChiang Mai : 2 Day 1 Night trip Kayaking on Mae Tang River
Activities by : NG RIVER GUIDE
Activity Information :
Trip 2 Day 1 Night Kayaking on Mae Teng River
Day 1: Begin with a short trek through the woods for about 1-2 hours from the Khao Lam Forest Village towards the fist kayaking point. The first river run will take you over 20 kilometres on both slow and fast moving water, giving you time to admire the beautiful jungles on each side as well as some exciting twists and turns. At the end of the route you will beach the kayaks and stay at a Karen village in the jungle called Moo Ban Pong Ngaen, and enjoy a campfire dinner and party with the locals.
Day 2: Breakfast will be serve bright and early to energise you for a second day of kayaking on the river. This stretch of the river will have more rapids than the one before, with swells of white water to negotiate along the way. Once you reach your final destination, you will be taken on a short trip to an elephant camp where you can bathe them and see their training centre. From there, a shuttle bus will take you back to the city which takes around three hours.
White-water Kayakers - Mae Taeng, Chiang Mai
We will have our lunch stop at Sop Kai. After that, we take a pickup taxi to go to the elephant camps to experience the life of a mahout (elephant master).
Elephant camp - Mae Tang, Chiang Mai
You will learn about elephants – bathing, feeding and training. After that, it takes about 3 hours to get back to your accommodation.
Tour Price per person + Mahout Course 1/2 Day
1 Person: 10,650 THB
2-3 People: 8,350 THB
4-5 People: 7,190 THB
6-8 People: 6,690 THB
Tour Price per person ( Kayaking only)
1 Person: 8,450 THB
2-3 People: 6,150 THB
4-5 People: 4,990 THB
6-8 People: 4,990 THB
2 Days 1 Night Trip
- 9.00 a.m. Pick up at your hotel / accommodation
- 11.00 a.m. Arrive at Sop Kai home to join the troops to continue to Ban Pa Khao Lam Forest.
- 12.00 a.m. to Baan Pa Khao Lam Forest Take a short hike and cook lunch at midday in the forest, this takes about 2 hours
- 2.30 p.m. Resume the kayaking journey from Baan Pa Khao Lam Forest.
- 4.00 p.m. arrive at Baan Pong Ngan where we will have dinner and overnight homestay accommodation.
- 9.00 a.m. Restart the kayaking trip from Baan Pong Pos, traveling liesurely along the river for about 3 hours.
- 12.00 a.m. Stop at Baan Sop Kai for lunch
- 2.00 p.m. Continue on to elephant camp, and learn about elephant feeding and training.
- 6.00 p.m. Back to hotel / accommodation
- English speaking guide.
- Snack, water, fruit, soft drink, and lunch.
Remark : This activity is suitable for people age between 15 – 60 years old.
About Activities Host :
Skilled Thailand fishing guides are few and far between . Peerarat ( Bobby ) Kaotakol owns the local shop and knows what hot and what’s not when it comes to fly fishing spot. During 2015, NG River Guides received the national “Outstanding Performance for Inbound Tour Program” award from the Tourism Authority of Thailand. NG River Guides is a respect, award-wining tour operator. Bobby has served on the local town council, managing the tourism portfolio. Bobby also has a fleet of feel free kayaks and can plan a day kayaking on a river for you and your friends.